Lemonade is the quintessential drink of summer so I felt like I couldn’t let the summer go by without sharing a lemonade recipe.
I didn’t want to share just a regular lemonade. I love flavored lemonade and seeing what flavor combinations I can make. Last summer, I make an Orange Turmeric Lemonade on my mom blog and it was delicious! Seriously one of the best and most refreshing drinks I’ve ever had.
This summer, I wanted to make sure I shared a lemonade on Sugar Maple and decided to share something equally as refreshing, light and enjoyable. I thought that there’s probably no better partner for an ice-cold glass of lemonade in the summertime than a slice of watermelon. So why not combine them?
Watermelon Lemonade the perfect pitcher drink for a party or to have as you sit on the porch and watch the kids play. You can also make it a more adult drink by adding four parts of the Watermelon Lemonade to one parts of your favorite adult liquor.
Check out my video to see how simple it is to make Watermelon Lemonade. Then continue below to get the full recipe and all the instructions.
If you try the Watermelon Lemonade I’d love to hear about it! You can share comments here or tag us on Instagram @sugarmaplefarmhouse.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice. You will need about 5- 6 lemons to get this amount of lemon juice.
- 1/2 of a watermelon. This should make about 4 cups.
- 4 cups water
- 1-2 cups of sugar
- 4 Tbsp. of mint, chopped for a garnish
- Use a ceramic juicer or handheld juice to squeeze your lemons. You need at least 1 cup of lemon juice and the 5-6 lemons should get you there. If you want to add more lemon juice you will get more of the sour lemon flavor in the final drink. Set aside when done.
- Cut a watermelon in half and add it to a bowl. Blend the watermelon, in phases if needs be, until it's a liquid.
- Strain the watermelon mixture in order to get all the pulp out of it. You want to discard the pulp (or feed it to your chickens). Use only the watermelon juice. You will need it to make 4 cups.
- Combine strained watermelon juice and fresh squeezed lemon juice in a pitcher.
- Add in your sugar and water. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve over ice and garnish with your mint.