Adding new cookies to the mix
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
To glaze or not to glaze
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 sticks of salted butter, melted but not hot
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine your sugar and butter using a hand mixer. Mix until it is fluffy.
- Add in your egg, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend well.
- Add in your baking powder and mix again.
- Add in your flour slowly, mixing in about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Once all your flour is in, fold in your dried cranberries.
- Using a melon baller for size consistency, place individual dollops of cookie dough on the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using the bottom of a glass, flatten out your cookie balls a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. No longer or you will have burnt cookies. These will not brown like chocolate chips.
- Once done, remove from the oven and cool.
- While your cookies are cooling, combine your additional dried cranberries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine your milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix everything together well until combined and it makes a smooth glaze.
- Spoon a bit of the sugar topping onto the cookies and then top with the sugared cranberries. Let harden and serve.