These Zucchini Bites are a delicious way to use up that summer zucchini harvest, But you can really make them any time of the year. They're the perfect appetizer for football season and the holidays too.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
Zucchini Bites Ingredients
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded and strained
- 2/3 - 1 cup of bread crumbs I like to use 2/3 but if you need to add more to make them easier to work with that works too. See the tips section above.
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. of fresh chives, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped small
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, mined
- Salt and pepper to taste I like to add about 6 twists of salt and 4 twists of pepper.
Creamy Garlic Dip Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper. 4 twists of the ground pepper shaker You should not add additional salt to this.
Zucchini Bite Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Lay a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Combine zucchini, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, chives, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in one bowl.
Mix thoroughly. It works best to use your hands to make sure everything is well combined.
If the mixture seems too runny to form into soft balls, add the additional 1/3 cup of bread crumbs thats recommended.
Once all your ingredients are combined, form the mixture into small bite-sized balls. Use a melon baller or a spoon to get them consistent.
Add them one by one to the cookie sheet. They won't expand so you can have them close but I like to give them at least an inch of space on all sides to make sure they cook evenly.
Bake these at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on them and pull them out at 25 minutes if they are golden brown.
While the zucchini bites are baking, make your dip.
Creamy Garlic Dip Instructions
In a bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Mix well and taste.
Based on taste, add pepper as needed. I like to add about 4 twists of the pepper grinder.