Learn how to make this easy and delicious recipe for White Bean Salad with a simple herb and olive oil dressing. Full of color and full of flavor, this is one salad that will brighten your day.
I’ve always been a lover of beans. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved bean salad, extra beans in my chilis and soups and white bean spread. So the only thing that really surprises me about this recipe for White Bean Salad is that it’s taken me so long to put it up.
A Mediterranean diet staple
So many Bean benefits
What I love about White Bean Salad
- It’s simple to throw together! There’s not much cooking involved here and I even make the asparagus ahead of time and use microwave steamer peas.
- It has so many colors in it! I love eating food that looks good and this recipe for White Bean Salad includes so many different, vibrant colors that it just looks like art on a plate.
- It’s filling and satisfying. Like I mentioned, I love this for lunch and it’s easy for me to make it for myself or my family. It keeps me full through the rest of the day. For dinner, I’ll feel fully satisfied even if I eat this as the main dish.
Tips for making this recipe for White Bean Salad
- I like to make the “dressing” for this salad separately and add it right before serving. I use the term dressing lightly because it’s essentially olive oil, lemon juice and herbs.
- You can keep this in the refrigerator covered in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- I like to eat this chilled but you can eat it right after combining all the ingredients. If I’m making it to eat right away I just let my peas and asparagus cook in the fridge for a bit before combining everything.
Recipe for White Bean Salad
- 3 15 oz. cans of Cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed You can also use 40 oz dried beans.
- 1 bunch asparagus, roasted and chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 12 oz. artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 red peppers, diced
- 3 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Additional parsley, thyme, sea salt and pepper to garnish and to taste.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400. Once preheated, roast the asparagus for 15 minutes with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper. Cool the asparagus in the refrigerator until needed.
- Steam the peas and then cool them in the refrigerator until needed.
- Drain the beans and run water over them to clean. Let them dry a bit so they don't go into the bowl all wet.
- Combine beans, asparagus, peas, red pepper, artichoke hearts and capers.
- If serving later, chill at this point in the refrigerator and complete the steps when you're ready to serve.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- When ready to serve, combine the white bean salad with the dressing and then garnish with the goat cheese, pine nuts, additional parsley and salt and pepper to taste.