Before fall ends and winter officially sets in in Michigan, I wanted to share one of our favorite fall recipes.
However, since the lines here between our seasons tend to blur in the Midwest, I think you’ll find my Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches with homemade barbecue sauce is great for any of the colder months. And the barbecue sauce is perfect for everything summer time too.
Instapot Pulled Prok
Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- 1/2 - 1 white onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 5 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Chop your onion and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Season your pork with salt and pepper. Season it heavily. It will help to flavor the meat when its done.
- Add pork shoulder to the pressure cooker.
- Add barbecue sauce and water.
- Close your pressure cooker and make sure it's sealed. Follow the directions on your cooker for doing so.
- Set time to 60-75 minutes and start.
- Once it's done, let the pressure cooker vent or feel free to vent it manually.
- Open the lid and shred the meat with a fork.
- Add more barbecue sauce to top and serve on a bun or alone with some delicious side dishes.
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Steps
- Add all your ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk together vigorously until smooth.