Before fall ends and winter officially sets in in Michigan, I wanted to share one of our favorite fall recipes.
However, since the lines here between our seasons tend to blur in the Midwest, I think you’ll find my Instapot Pulled Pork Sandwiches with homemade barbecue sauce is great for any of the colder months.
Instapot Pulled Prok
Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- 1/2 - 1 white onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 5 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Chop your onion and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Season your pork with salt and pepper. Season it heavily. It will help to flavor the meat when its done.
- Add pork shoulder to the pressure cooker.
- Add barbecue sauce and water.
- Close your pressure cooker and make sure it's sealed. Follow the directions on your cooker for doing so.
- Set time to 60-75 minutes and start.
- Once it's done, let the pressure cooker vent or feel free to vent it manually.
- Open the lid and shred the meat with a fork.
- Add more barbecue sauce to top and serve on a bun or alone with some delicious side dishes.
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Steps
- Add all your ingredients to a large bowl.
- Whisk together vigorously until smooth.